How can an Uncle get title before my daughter?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My boyfriend died over 3 years now. Our daughter was living in his house until recently. My boyfriend’s brother came up and told her that he has the title now, so she cant do anything but to leave. How can he get the title, when her dad told her the house was hers. Only my boyfriend’s name was on it.
Lana Putt

RESPONSE: Dear Lana,
Some research needs to be done to see if in fact the uncle really has the title. Then research has to be done to ascertain how the title got transferred to his name. Until then no noe can assist further, but the uncle may end up giving her a notice and taking her to court to get her out. So act quickly.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information.


For non attorney services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, follow ups) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.


  • Jamaica Legal Wiz

    A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here

    View all posts