If you like boiled flour dumplings or bammy you will like boiled cassava flour dumplings. This recipe is easy to make and is quite tasty. We have included instructions on how to make cassava flour. Enjoy!!!
- 2 Cassava cups flour (at the end of the recipe are instructions on how to make cassava flour)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Sift the Cassava flour,cornmeal, and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add the water 3 teaspoons at a time, just enough to bring the dough together with a firm consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough well, for about five minutes.
- Boil a pot with water
- Break off pieces and form the dough into slightly flattened biscuits, about 2 inches across. For spinners roll the pieces between your palms into a pen shape.
- Place the pieces, uncrowded, into the pot of hot water –(Approx 5 -8 minutes)
- Serve hot with other food (Serves 6-8)
- 4 lbs. Cassava root
- Wash the fresh cassava roots
- Peel the cassava roots
- Wash the peeled roots.
- Chop the roots into small pieces
- Sun-dry the small cassava pieces two or three days
- Use a wooden mortar to beat the pieces to powder or use a mini food mill
- Sieve the flour through mesh sieve. Package the cassava flour in Ziploc plastic bags.
- It can be packaged and stored for 6 months