Jamaican Festival is an good ole time Island favorite. Try my simple Jamaican Festival Recipe. – Chef Noel Cunningham, Cuisine by Noel
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1 3/4 Cup of cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Cup of cooking oil
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp (nutmeg optional)
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- When they are all evenly combined start adding the water and milk little by little and knead until if form a soft dough.
- Add the oil to a deep frying pan and heat on high.
- When the oil is hot, divide and shape into egg sized portions.
- One at a time, roll each portion to form long dumplings flatten slightly and place them in the oil.
- Reduce heat to prevent the dumpling burning. Turn dumplings until all sides are golden brown.