- 1 can mandarin oranges (10 oz)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1.5 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (can be toasted)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Drain oranges, reserving juice.
- Mix juice, water, raisins and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread in shallow pan. Freeze for 10 minutes (to quickly cool rice).
- Toss with remaining ingredients. Serves 6-8.