- 2/1-2 cups hot, freshly brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain arabica coffee
- 1/2 cup Tia Maria
- 2/3 cup dark Jamaican rum
- 8 tablespoons of light cream
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- chocolate shavings
- Place freshly brewed coffee in a saucepan. Heat over low heat. Add Tia Maria, rum and brown sugar. Heat until nearly boiling, continuing to stir the whole time.
- Remove from heat and pour into 4 heat-proof glass coffee cups until 2/3 full.
- Using a round-bottomed spoon, float 2 tablespoons of cream onto the top of the coffee.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve hot.