Who do I complain to about an attorney in Jamaica?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
Please provide the contact information to complain on a Jamaican Attorney. I have several complaints.
Tony Sutherland

RESPONSE: Dear Tony,
You may lodge complaints and seek answers from:
Mr Ian G Wilkinson, President
General Legal Council
78 Harbour Street,
(876) 922-2319 / (876)967-1528
Fax: (876) 924-9190
Email: [email protected]

You make write in to:Jamaica Bar Association
Jambar Building
78-80 Harbour Street
Kingston, Jamaica
(876) 967-1528
(876) 967-9034
Fax: (876)967-3783
[email protected]

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more