Looking for a great way to compliment a formal meal. Try our Cream Of Pumpkin Soup recipe today.
- 2 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups boiled pumpkin (1lb.)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Melt butter and fry onion in it.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and sugar and cook well.
- Add milk slowly, stirring so butter and flour are well blended with milk.
- Stir until smooth and thickened. Combine pumpkin with mixture, stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.
- Serves 4. The cream of pumpkin soup tends to get very thick, you can add a bit more milk if that happens.