Using the traditional chocolate ball with cinnamon, this tea offers a true taste of Jamaica. For those who are not familiar with “Old Time Chocolate Tea” this is Jamaican style regular hot chocolate. In Jamaican patois it is called “Chahklit tea”
- 1 Jamaican chocolate ball (If you are outside Jamaica you may need someone there to get some to you)
- 3 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quart water
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cinnamon leavers or 2 cinnamon sticks
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Grate the chocolate in a plate.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add chocolate and cinnamon.
- Allow mixture to boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sweeten to taste. Remove cinnamon before serving.