The juicy red Otaheite Apple, also known as the Malay rose apple or the mountain apple, is a popular fruit in Jamaica. The trees can be seen all over Jamaica. Did you know that it can also makes a great drink? Add ginger and lime juice for a great summery beverage.
- Apples, washed and peeled
- Ginger, peeled and chopped
- Lime juice
- Sugar or Splenda
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Remove the seeds from the apples and chop into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until liquefied. Strain.
- Pour into glass container and chill.
- Serve over ice cubes.