A Jamaican fusion recipe, Saltfish and Butter Beans is a favorite of “ital” food lovers. It is a great breakfast recipe and can be served with Festival and Johnny cakes. Try our Saltfish and Butter Beans recipe today!!!!
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper3 small red tomatoes1 large onion
- 2 sprig thyme
- ½ grams salted fish
- 2 cans of butter beans
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoons. ketchup
- Debone and Soak saltfish in water to remove some of the salt or boil in water for 5-7 minutes
- Use your hands and shred (flake) the saltfish finely and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the sweet peppers in strips
- Cut the onion in slices onion
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters
- Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat
- Saute sweet pepper, tomatoes, and onion
- Add the saltfish and stir
- Add garlic (garlic powder), butter beans, and tomato ketchup
- Let Simmer for 5 minutes before removing from the fire.
- Serve with Fried Dumpling or Festival