Seasoned Jamaican Style sweet potatoes and cheese – a heavenly combination of flavors that provide the perfect side dish for many a savory main course.
- 1 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/3 cups Carnation evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoon margarine
- 3 Tablespoon Jamaican All Purpose Seasoning (Caribbean Sunshine Jamaican All Purpose Seasoning – 11 oz or Grace All Purpose Seasoning – 4 Oz )
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a medium sauce pan until tender.
- Drain and mash while still hot.
- Add evaporated milk, margarine, and All Purpose Seasoning.
- Mix well. Pour into a butter casserole.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 6.