What if his divorce in England is not recorded in Jamaica?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

Thank you for responding to my query and doing the research so efficiently. I have anther question. My boyfriend got divorced from his wife in England and we need to check if there is a record. We’d love to get married. Can you make some checks for us, and possibly get an attorney to assist us if there is of record of the divorce?

Kenisha Palmer


RESPONSE: Dear Ms Palmer,

There is a fee to do this research for you as two locations must be visited. If there is no record, we can contact an attorney on your behalf for you. Please write further and let us know the paperwork you received confirming the divorce procedure, if any.

Legal Wiz