Also known as the Malay rose apple or the mountain apple, this juicy red fruit has many uses. One of the best is this drink that mixes the apple with ginger and lime juice. The Otaheite Apple tree grows well in Jamaica, ensuring a ready supply of fruit for use in this summery beverage.
- Apples, washed and peeled
- Ginger, peeled and chopped
- Lime juice
- Sugar or Splenda
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Remove the seeds from the apples and chop into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until liquefied. Strain.
- Pour into glass container and chill.
- Serve over ice cubes.