Jamaican Sweet Potato Pudding is a favorite Sunday desert of Jamaicans and is fondly known as “hell a top, hell a bottom and hallelujah in the middle’.
- 2 pounds sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cups raisin (some used other dried fruits)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Wash and pare off the skin of the potatoes
- Wash again then grate
- Grate coconut, add water and squeeze juice through a strainer
- Blend flour, mixed spice (raisins etc) ,salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine this mixture with the grated potatoes and mix well
- Add sugar, fruits and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Grease pan, pour in batter, bake at 350 degrees F for 40-60 minutes or until done