The online travel site Tripadvisor selected seven hotels in Jamaica to add to its list of the Top 25 All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean.
Ranked at Number 6 is the Sandals Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios. Billed as the “only all-butler boutique resort” on the island, the accommodations offer elegance and privacy in 74 ocean-view suites located on spectacular coral bluff. Guests can play at the nearby Sandals Golf & Country Club, relax at the pool and order cool drinks delivered by a beach butler, and enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace. The resort is popular with the international het set and has a long history of casual elegance and authentic Jamaican ambiance.
At Number 8 is the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall in Rose Hall. Located in an idyllic and secluded area near Montego Bay, this adults-only resort is part of Iberostar’s Grand Collection. Guests can enjoy golf, the beach, and exceptional international dining. An example of island elegance and luxury with 11 restaurants, 24-hour room service, concierge and butler service, and sports activities that include basketball, kayaking, windsurfing, aerobics, aquagym and use of fitness room.
Number 15 on the list is Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios. This all-inclusive resort makes a point of catering to a guest’s every whim. Called the “Jewel of Jamaica,” the resort features old-world glamour and modern style. Its beachfront location is situated between the island’s mountains and the Caribbean. It features its own mineral spring, grotto, pool and the famous Piano Bar. Guests can enjoy their customized in-room minibar, certified scuba diving experience, sunset catamaran cruises, water skiing, windsurfing, wake boarding and so much more.
At Number 17 is Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Montego Bay. The resort reflects a world of cultures ranging from the UK to Bali. Its British lineage is evident in the Georgian-style Great House and its gardens complete with roaming peacocks. Afternoon tea and games of croquet round out the old-style charm. Nearby is the resort’s private offshore island, which offers a private and natural setting of casual poolside and beachside luxuries. There is an authentic Thai restaurant as well as island-style entertainment at night.
Ranked at Number 18 is Montego Bay’s Hotel Riu Palace. This venue is ideal for both couples and group vacations in an adults-only environment. The resort offers free WiFi, 24-hour room service, infinity pools, and a wide range of sports activities. The more than 200 rooms at the resort provide extreme comfort, with most having a balcony or terrace. The pools feature swim-up bars, and at night, live music is there to be enjoyed. The Renova Spa is available, as are tennis, golf, gym workouts, windsurfing, and scuba diving.
Ranked Number 20 is Beaches Negril Resort & Spa in Negril. This resort offers a casual and carefree environment characterized by an authentic Jamaican “laid back” attitude. Located on the widest part of the famous Seven Mile Beach, the all-inclusive resort includes a waterpark, pools, excellent restaurants, and great bars. A good place to relax with friends and enjoying life worry-free.
Number 23 is Secrets St. James in Montego Bay. This resort provides undisputed luxury and a commitment to fulfilling every wish of every guest. Amenities at the resort include limitless access to gourmet al a carte dining, top-quality spirits, natural fruit juices, and 24-hour concierge service. Nightly entertainment is features, and there are many activities to choose from during the day. Rooms have free WiFi and international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico. Guests also enjoy total access to the restaurants, bars, and pools at Secrets Wild Orchid located next door.
The entire list of top 25 all-inclusive Caribbean resorts is below.
1. Zoetry Agua Punta Cana – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
2. Galley Bay Resort – St. John’s, Antigua
3. Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection – Samana Province, Dominican Republic
4. Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro -Bavaro, Dominican Republic
5. The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
6. Sandals Royal Plantation – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
7. The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
8. Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall – Rose Hall, Jamaica
9. Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus- Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
10. Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa – Grand Anse, Grenada
11. Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa – Holguin, Cuba
12. Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort – Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
13. Royalton Cayo Santa Maria – Cayo Santa Maria, Villa Clara Province
14. BodyHoliday Saint Lucia – Castries, St. Lucia
15. Couples Sans Souci – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
16. Melia Cayo Coco – Cayo Coco, Jardines del Rey Archipelago
17. Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island – Montego Bay, Jamaica
18. Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica – Montego Bay, Jamaica
19. Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don Pablo Collection – Samana Province, Dominican Republic
20. Beaches Negril Resort & Spa – Negril, Jamaica
21. Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
22. Excellence Punta Cana – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
23. Secrets St. James Montego Bay – Montego Bay, Jamaica
24. Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa – Varadero, Cuba
25. Melia Buenavista – Cayo Santa Maria, Villa Clara Province