Callaloo fritters are the perfect dish for breakfast, a snack or as a side dish. This is a special recipe for all vegetarians and ital food lovers. Try my callaloo fritters.
- 2 cups raw callaloo cut up
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- Optional – Chives to decorate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Heat margarine; sauté onion and tomato.
- Add callaloo and steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cool and set aside.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift again with baking powder and salt.
- Beat egg and add to cooked callaloo.
- Combine egg and calaloo with flour mixture.
- Heat frying pan and add oil to a depth of ½ inch.
- Scoop the fritter mixture with a large spoon in the hot oil and fry on both side.
- Drain on a serving plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle the chives on and around the fritter.
- Serve hot.
Photo Myview Point