Advice & Help

Immigration Q & A: Can I become a US citizen being that I divorced in less than 2 years after getting my green card?

Divorce and green card

I got my green card my through my now ex-husband. We were divorced a year after I got my green card. Can I become a citizen being that I divorced in less than 2 years? – Diane

If you received your Green Card but then divorced after you will have to have your green card for 5 years before you can apply for your citizenship.

Immigration Q & A
Everyone please remember that we write these immigration articles to provide a service to you. We want our articles to address immigration questions and concerns that you want to hear about. If you have a question or an immigration topic that you would like to learn more about you can contact me directly at 954-655-6593 or via email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: This article is a broad overview. This article is not legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice. This article is provided as a public service and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. Any reliance on the information contained herein is taken at your own risk. The information provided in this article should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related

About the author

Andre Maragh Esq.