What’s the secret to a great Lime Margarita? Is it the fresh-squeezed lime juice? It is the Tequila? Try Chef Noel Cunningham’s Lime Margarita Recipe and find out.
- 2 oz. Tequila
- .5 ounces Triple Sec
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 to 3 ounces Simple Syrup or to taste
- Lots of ice (about 1 to 2 cups ice cubes)*
- salt, for rimming the glass
- Lime slices, garnish
- Rim margarita glass with salt and set aside. (Rub the rim of the glass with lime slice to make the salt stick.)
- In a blender, combine Tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, Simple Syrup, and ice. Whirl until ice is just crushed and mixture well blended (do not allow the ice to become a puree).
- Pour inside summer glass then garnish with lime and sip away.