- 3cups golden cornmeal
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 5 cups thick coconut milk
- ½ tsp. mixed spice
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup of the shredded coconut
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Sift together flour and cornmeal.
- Blend together sugar, salt, nutmeg, mixed spice and coconut milk.
- Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Coat raisins with a little flour and sprinkle into mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Dot generously with butter or margarine.
- Bake in a moderately-hot oven 350F for ¼ hour or until set.
- Combine and pour custard mixture (see recipe below) on top of pudding.
- Bake for a further ½ to ¾ hour or until set.
- Cool and serve.
- ½ cup strong coconut milk
- 4 heaped tbsps granulated sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash vanilla
- Combine all ingredients and use as directed above