Advice & Help

Do I need another deed poll to match my old Jamaican TRN

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

Can you help me please. I did a deed poll with full name – first, middle and last- to correct a certain situation. When I went to collect my Tax Registration Number (TRN) they told me it only had a first and last name on it. Do I need to do another deed poll.



RESPONSE: Dear Earl,

You do not need to do another deed poll if the first and last name is as it is on the deed poll document. All you need to do is return to the Tax Registration Number (TRN) and fill in the relevant forms to update your records wit the middle name added. They will then process your documents that you bring (TRN, NIS, deed poll, birth certificate). The new TRN card will be issued with your number in approximately two weeks.

Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here