- 6 plantains, unripe
- 3 large onions
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Peel the plantains and cut into 12 pieces.
- Boil plantains in salted water until very tender, approximately 12 – 15 minutes.
- While the plantains are cooking, heat cooking oil in a shallow skillet. Add onions, vinegar and salt. Saute until tender and set to one side.
- Remove plantains from salted water. Mash with potato masher or fork. Add the cold water and butter and mash until smooth.
- Great served with thick-sliced fried salami. Use the onions to garnish.
- Serves 6
Photo By Fit food for change