Advice & Help

He’s hiding from the Jamaica court summons


QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My ex boyfriend swindled over two million dollars from me and I want it back, but I cant get him to serve summons. I cant serve him the summons because he keeps threatening me and now he is in hiding. I asked the Bailiff at the Court and private persons, but they can never catch up with him. Is there anything I can do because he goes to his hideout spots late at night.
Shanna Kay Garvey

RESPONSE: Dear Shanna Kay

You need to go in to the Court office and tell them of the difficulty you are having. The clerk of court can assist you to ask the Judge for permission to serve it otherwise such as to publish it in the newspapers.

Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice. The responses are prepared and published by inhouse senior journalists after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here