Advice & Help

My grandmom pays the taxes, how can we run squatters away from land?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

My grandmother have some land, which 2 squatters now live on. My grandmother has been paying the taxes and recently surveyed the land also, in pursuit of the title.  How can we remove the squatters from the land?

Cecil Harley

RESPONSE: Dear Cecil Harley,

Thanks for writing in.
You’re going to need to serve each of them a notice to quit. After the time has passed you will need to bring the matter to court. You can either do this yourself, hire a lawyer or someone to act on your behalf. Our team can assist for a fee.
Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here