Advice & Help

My mom died without a will for Jamaica property, my sibling took over.. HELP

Dear Legal Wiz,
Good day to you. My mom had a house and she died . She did not leave a will. My other sibling took it over. What advice can you give me on how i handle getting my part.
Dear Gee,
Since your mother did not leave a will, you must consider applying for Letters of Administration. You will need to check out if there was an actual title, as well as the grounds upon which your other sibling took over the property. You should also look into what you both can legally do and what that other sibling is actually doing.
If you need the help of our network, you can contact us further.
Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here