I need my name on the title my Jamaica dad died and left to me

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

I am in the United Kingdom, but got the will of my deceased father probated. He would like for me to inherit his property. All I need to know is how can I now get my name on the title?

Noel Anderson

RESPONSE: Dear Noel,

Its good to know you got the will probated. You are well on your way. You need now to make application at the land agency. Documents as determined by your individual situation, are needed with relating fees when applying, so at best you should get an attorney to revise the title, and guide you. Of course you have the option to have someone you can rely on make application and monitor the process in person on your behalf. The Legal Wiz team can assist further if you email them directly.


Legal Wiz