Advice & Help

I need the daughter out of uncle’s house, as the tenant migrated

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My uncle allows me to rent his house while he lives in UK. The tenant migrated and didnt tell me and now her daughter wont come out. I have not received any rent for over three months.
Shelly Amos

RESPONSE: Dear Shelly,
If you visit the court nearest to the property, you will get help in obtaining a summons to get her out. The first thing you should do is to give her a notice.
By the way, please make sure you have a power of attorney instrument from your uncle that is registered with the government of Jamaica, before you do anything.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here