Our oven-baked breadfruit recipe is quick and easy for those who do not have the ability to roast a breadfruit outdoor. Even though it may not have that smoked taste it is still a delicious side dish or appetizer with Ackee & Saltfish or Callaloo.
- 1 Mature Whole Breadfruit
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable or coconut oil.
- Alumni foil
- Preheat your over to 425F
- Rub the outside of breadfruit with the oil
- Wrap the breadfruit completely with the foil wrap
- Bake for approx. 1 hour
- Use a skewer to check if cooked.
- When cooked use potholder to remove the foil wrap, then hold and peel off the skin.
- Cut in half.
- Cut out the ‘heart’ (the uneatable portion in the middle with seed).
- Cut breadfruit into pegs and serve.