President Barack Obama arrived at Norman Manley Airport in Kingston, Jamaica at 7:30 p.m. local time.
President Obama emerged from the plane with Congresswoman Yvette Clarke of New York and Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz. He waved as he descended the steps on Air Force One. After greeting a line of people ( list below) the POTUS left the airport in a chopper.
The greeters were:
- Ambassador Luis Moreno, US Ambassador to Jamaica
- Patrick Allen, Governor General
- Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller
- Perry G Christie, Chairman CARICOM, Prime Minister of the Bahamas
- Andrew Holness, Leader of the Opposition
- Senator A.J. Nicholson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Senator Floyd Morris, President of the Senate
- Michael Peart, Speaker of the House
- Justice Zaila McCalla, Chief Justice
- Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, CARICOM Secretary General
- Ambassador Stephen Vascianni, Jamaica’s Ambassador to the US
- Major General Antony Anderson, Chief of Defence Staff
- Dr. Carl Williams, Commissioner of Police
- Jamaican Chief of State Protocol, Elinor Felix
President Barack Obama’s tours Bob Marley museum
President Barack Obama arrived at the Bob Marley Museum 8:48 p.m. After a quick tour he left in the motorcade at 9:06 p.m.
Photos and report provide by Marlon Hill, Miami attorney with Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel and radio commentator with WZAB 880AM, Caribbean Riddims, D’ People’s Politics