The Jamaican Stuffed Roast Beef is a favorite special occasions and during the Christmas & New Year holidays. The beef is stuffed with many of our favorite Jamaican spices.
- 1 medium rib eye
- 1 small onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- Crushed pimiento seeds
- ½ hot scotch bonnet pepper
- Pick-a-pepper sauce
- Corn starch
- Soy Sauce
- Salt & Black pepper
Recipe from the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking with Winsome“.
- Dice all of the seasoning and mix with a little pick-a-pepper sauce and salt.
- Make small holes in roast and stuff the mix seasoning in the holes, all around, leaving enough seasoning to make gravy.
- Add Soy sauce, ketchup, salt, black pepper, paprika, pick-a-pepper and rub along meat.
- Let stand for a while.
- Heat oil in skillet, shake excess seasoning off. Add meat.
- Cook over medium heat, turning constantly to prevent sticking. Let it brown on each side. Do not add a lot of water. Just a little each time it dries out.
- Keep adding water until cooked.
- When cooked, remove from skillet to make gravy.
- Make corn starch in a paste and add to stock to make gravy. Serve over a bed of white rice or rice and peas