Planning on visiting the Dunn’s River waterfalls. Here are a few tips and hints that will help make your visit enjoyable.
- Step aside a whole day for Dunn’s River Fall. Climbing the falls can drain you physically.
- If you are with a group get a guide. The guide can help you climb up the falls but take some great pictures.
- Bring water shoes. Aqua socks work the best they had great traction. You can rent them on location. Water shoes are especially important if you are with a group, as you will be holding hands. This means while you are climbing you are holding hands with one or two people. This makes it difficult to use your hands.
- Be very careful when rock hopping it’s dangerous and slippery. Wet rocks can cause broken bones. Fast currents can cause drowning.
- If you get tired take a break as you are climbing a hill. Bring drinking waters so you don’t get dehydrated. It is not advisable to drink the water from the falls.
- Check out the rainforest and the birds that surround the falls.
- Be very careful when taking photographs on the falls. No photograph is worth risking yourself harm
- Be courteous as there are many other visitors enjoying the beauty of the waterfall. Be reasonable and aware of others around you. A water fall is not the place to act like an “aggressive” driver in traffic.
- Bring food to have a picnic. The Dunn’s River waterfall is a perfect place to picnic after a long drive if you are not staying in Ocho Rios.
- Bring a friend because hiking the waterfalls alone is boring
Enjoy one of Jamaica’s natural beauties and be sure to send us your great pictures.