Jamaica wife left me 23 years now, our son refuses to leave the house

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
When I got married in Jamaica I put my wife’s name so she could be joint tenant on my property. She left me over 23 years now and lives in the USA and has literally abandoned me. I allowed our son to stay at the house, since 5 years ago. He’s 23. I alone built the house. He is now married and refuses to remove his things I need to have him evicted.
Bernard Clue

legal wiz_counseling_stress_angry

RESPONSE: Dear Bernard,
Its not going to be so easy considering your son can simply claim your wife put him there. You should deal with the issue of her still being a joint tenant on the property, and so you should get a lawyer to act quickly.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice. The responses are prepared and published by inhouse senior journalists after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.


  • Jamaica Legal Wiz

    A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here

    View all posts