A hearty Jamaican soup made with a goat’s head. Best cooked in a pressure cooker. Said to be an aphrodisiac, which may explain its name.
- Chopped up goat head
- Garlic,escallion.thyme,pimento seed, salt to taste
- Whole green pepper,black pepper,
- 1pk. Chicken Noodle
- 3-6 green bananas
- ½ lbs.Yam
- 3 small Irish Potato
- Flour for dumpling
- 2 chochos (optional)
- 1 Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash chopped goat head
- Put in a large pot (pressure cooker best) with enough water to cover the meet
- Add 3 teaspoons salt, 8-10 seeds of pimento and let cook and 5 crushed garlic cloves
- Cook on a medium/high stove till meat tender
- Add more water and and also 1pk. Chicken Noodle
- Peel and cut up potatos and chochos and add
- Peel Green bananas (or cut off the top and bottom and slit in skin)
- Add Peel and add Yam when bananas almost cooked.
- When almost done black pepper,thyme,couple pimento seed,escallion, whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper (do not let it burst open) and let simmer
- Serve hot