Neville Anderson is the president of the Rotary Club of Stone Mountain. Rotary is an international organization with over 1.2 million members. Rotarians provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. They are responsible for raising over $650 million for the eradication of polio.
In his professional life, Neville is a Certified Public Accountant, and Principal of Neville W. Anderson Sr CPA, PC. He is also the Managing Broker for Clayton’s Realty, Inc.
He was born in the parish of St. Andrew, Jamaica and attended Franklin Town Elementary School and Tutorial College. Prior to leaving Jamaica, he worked in the
Income Tax Department of Capleton, Jones & Company – Certified Accountants and Wills Battery Co, Ltd. where he was the Financial Controller.
He also worked at the Caribbean Steel Company, Ltd as the Corporate Secretary & Financial Controller. The company began to experience record profits reversing several years of recurring losses after he prepared a price increase application that was accepted by the Government’s Prices Commission.
Neville came to Atlanta when he was recruited from Houston, Texas by Information Systems of America, Inc. to work as a consultant in converting an American Portfolio
Reporting and Investment Management System (PRISM) for use in the United Kingdom.
Since that time he has been very active in Atlanta community work. There is not enough space to list all of Neville’s community involvements. But here is a sampling:
- Past Vice President of the Atlanta Jamaica Association
- North East Division Lieutenant Governor Toastmasters of Georgia with responsibility for twenty-five clubs with 500 members. The clubs included University of Georgia in Athens (students’ and professors’ clubs), DeVry College, corporate clubs, and other breakfast and lunch clubs. Under his leadership Toastmasters of Georgia was the number one club in the world.
- Received the highest award offered by Toastmasters, “Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)”
- Area Governor, Toastmasters of Georgia.
- President of Skyline Civitans-an organization whose main objective is to help physically and mentally challenged individuals.
- Former trustee of Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- Former board member of Ebenezer Charitable Foundation, Inc, which owned the Martin Luther King Jr Village in Atlanta.
- Former Advisory Board Member of Southside Comprehensive High School Academy for Information Processing; orchestrated their adoption by Information Systems of America, Inc.
- Former Treasurer of Scottdale Child Development Center.
- Former Treasurer of Decatur Business Association
- Former Treasurer of Rotary Club of West End, Atlanta
- Current Treasurer of Lakes of Stonebridge Master Association, Inc, which has responsibility for 1500 homes.
- Former Treasurer of the Democratic Party of DeKalb County
- District 64 representative for the DeKalb Democratic Party
Neville’s wife Gloria is a chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), a Certified New Home Sales Professional, and President & Associate Broker at Clayton’s Realty, Inc in Stone Mountain, Georgia. They are proud parents of four talented children–two daughters and two sons.
Neville had the following observation on his fellow Jamaicans in Atlanta: “we tend to excel as individuals not as a group.” This fact, he explains is readily recognized by others. A prominent national and Georgia politician once remarked that (Jamaicans) “cannot work together, and if they could they would take over this country.” Since we cannot all be leaders, Neville feels “some must be prepared to be followers who identify good and inspired leaders among themselves, then give those leaders support. In unity there is strength.”
The personal motto that Neville tries to live by each day is “If it’s got to be it’s up to me, no excuses.”