Jamaican Curry Shrimp is one of the easiest recipes to make. If you don’t have an hour to spend cooking dinner over the stove this recipe is for you. You can make it in less than 30 minutes and it is quite tasty. Try my Jamaican Curry Shrimp Recipe
- 2 lb shrimps (peeled & de-veined)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 large tomato diced
- 3 Tbsp Coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 Red bell pepper (julienned)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 blades escallion
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
Shop Now or Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash the shrimp with vinegar and water (If frozen, thaw the shrimp. Add to a contain and run cold water on it for 5 minutes)
- Season the shrimp with curry, black pepper and salt.
- Set it aside shrimp in a covered container or a ziplock bag so it marinates.
- Warm the oil or butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat
- Sauté sliced seasonings (onion, Green bell pepper, Red bell pepper,cloves garlic, tomato diced, sprigs of thyme) in oil or butter
- Add the shrimps to the saucepan.
- Add coconut milk
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the shrimp is pink.
- Mix cornstarch and water. Add the mixture. Add curry if needed.
- Season with more salt & pepper if needed.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice.