- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Sift the flour,cornmeal, and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add the water 3 teaspoons at a time, just enough to bring the dough together with a firm consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough well, for about five minutes.
- Boil a pot with water
- Break off pieces and form the dough into slightly flattened biscuits, about 2 inches across. For spinners roll the pieces between your palms into a pen shape.
- Place the pieces, uncrowded, into the pot of hot water –(Approx 5 -8 minutes)
- Serve hot with other food (Serves 6-8)