Do you love Jamaican Escovitch? Do love your lobster? Do you love spicy food? We have just the recipe for you, Escovitch Lobster. Our easy step by step recipe is perfect for a novice or expert cooks. Now spice up your life with some our Jamaican Escovitch Lobster Recipe.
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 6 lobster tails, shelled
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup white Vinegar (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 1 cup water (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 1 table spoon sugar (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 2 Onions (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 20 pimentos seeds (For Escovitch Sauce)
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- In a bowl combine the flour, thyme, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, paprika and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in another bowl. Beat well.
- Place oil in a frying pan/sauce pan. Enough to fry one side of the lobster. Please note that this is not a deep fry of the lobster.
- Cut the lobster tails in the bite size pieces.
- Dip in the lobster tail pieces in the egg mixture then the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 400 degrees and place the lobster tail pieces in the frying pan/sauce pan
- Fry crisp until golden brown. Turn down the heat as necessary.
- Turn other side and fry crisp until golden brown.
- Set the lobster tail pieces aside in a dish
- Slice onions, scotch bonnet pepper (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Combine the vinegar, water, 2 table spoons sugar and oil in a small pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place on stove and boil. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place onions, scotch bonnet pepper, and pimento in the pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Boil contents on stove for approx. 5 min. Be careful of your eyes burning if contents are overheated. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Pour contents on the fried lobster tails
- Serves 6