Advice & Help

How can I get my NHT refund after my 15-year departure from Jamaica?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

I left Jamaica some 15 years ago, but I worked with the Ministry of Health up till I left. How can I get my National Housing Trust (NHT) refund? I don’t remember my NHT number though.

Cee Cee

RESPONSE: Dear Cee Cee,

You need to authorise someone to make checks on your behalf, although applications are also made online. You will need your NIS number, place and period of employment. 


Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here