Doing any type of stir-fry takes me back to my childhood. Stir-fry is one of the easiest meals to make when you are learning how to cook. I was great at doing this and it helped me to build confidence in cooking. Hope you enjoy my Jamaican Chinese Simple Seafood and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe.
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 frozen, squid, thawed, prepared and marked with diamond shaped cuts and sliced into appropriate pieces
- 3 stalks fresh mustard greens (guy choy) without leafy parts, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot (julienne strips)
- 3 large leaves Chinese cabbage (wong gna pak), cut into strips 3/4-inch long
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup dried yoong gnee
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons peanut oil
- Sang chew sesame seed oil
- Soften the yoon gnee by soaking in water.
- Heat some oil in a wok.
- When heated, add garlic and shrimp.
- Stir-fry until shrimp turns pink in color.
- Remove shrimp and place in bowl.
- Add squid pieces to the wok and stir-fry until they curl.
- Remove squid pieces and place in bowl with the shrimp.
- Heat oil in wok, adding more if necessary.
- Add carrot and stir-fry over high heat.
- Add mustard greens and stir-fy.
- Add cabbage and continue to stir-fry.
- Taste mustard greens to determine if cooked through.but still crisp.
- Add yoon gnee and stir-fry 1 minute, adding some ssang chew and sesame seed oil.
- Return the shrimp and squid pieces to the wok and stir-fry all together.
- Serve with rice.