Rice porridge a simple dish that is commonly made around the world. The Jamaican version of rice porridge is different as it adds spices, sweeteners and is much thicker. Enjoy our Jamaican Rice Porridge recipe.
- 1 ½ cup rice
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 cups water (more water will make it less thicker)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- sugar to taste
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla optional
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Wash the rice until the water is clear as it makes it less sticky
- Combine milk, rice, sugar, salt, and 4 cups water in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12 minutes stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Add 1 cup of water to make a paste. Add the paste to the saucepan and cook for 7 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon,vanilla and sweetened condensed milk and cook for 3-2 minutes stirring occasionally
- Serve in bowls hot