Sweet Potato fritters are an easy recipe to make. It is a delicious way to use up your mashed sweet potatoes. They are a fabulous as an accompaniment to Jerk Chicken and a salad. Alone the sweet potato mixture provides a surprisingly tasty snacking experience. Check out our Sweet Potato Fritters recipe
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 scallion
- Oil for frying
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Combine the cooked sweet potato with the flour, baking powder, onion, thyme, nutmeg, scallion, egg and salt.
- Add enough water to the dry ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Drop by spoonfuls into the heated oil.
- Fry on each side until brown.
- Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.