Making Jamaican Jerk Lobster is easy and it tastes delicious. Your family and friends will love the jerk flavors of Jamaica straight from your grill. Let me show you how to make Jamaican Jerk Lobster!
- 4 lobster tails
- 6 tablespoons JerkSeasoning (Buy or make your own)
- ½ cup Butter
- 4 teaspoons. lemon/lime juice
- 1 Small Onion (optional)
- ½ tablespoon of Jamaica Pickapeppa sauce or 3 drops of Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional)
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet.
- Lightly sauté the diced onion in the butter until it is golden. (optional)
- Add 3 teaspoons of lemon juice. Set aside the other 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons Jerk Seasoning. Set aside 2 tablespoons of Jerk Seasoning.
- Add ½ teaspoon of Jamaica Pickapeppa sauce or 3 drops of Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional depending on your taste).
- Let it simmer for about 1 min. then set aside.
- Remove the membrane from the lobster tails.
- Use a sharp knife to split the lobster tail in half (length).
- Use a brush to put the butter sauce on each tail.
- Using the same brush spread the Jerk sauce over the tails especially on the exposed meat.
- Pre-heat your oven to 250 °F and get your grill started.
- We will pre-cook the lobster before putting it on the grill.
- Put the lobster tails in the oven on the meat side for 8 minutes, turn and then cook the shell side for 2 minutes.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of Jerk Seasoning and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice that was set aside. This sauce will be used to keep the lobster tails moist while it is on the grill.
- Put the lobster tails on a barbeque grill for 3 minutes. Put the shell side facing the grill for most of the time. Use a brush to put more sauce on the tails to keep it moist.
- Serve with Jamaican Festival and/or Bammy. You can also serve with Jamaican hardo bread.