Please review my power of attorney document

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I need some advise and a review of documents. I live in Canada and presently in British Columbia. I am Jamaican I spend 6 months in Canada and 6 months in Jamaica. I sold a vehicle in Jamaica however I didn’t receive my title of ownership it’s taken 4 months to arrive. Now I’m in BC and I need my Mom to transfer the ownership, she was told she needs a power of attorney to receive the title and to sign on my behalf. I drafted the attached special power of attorney with the details hoping to have it notarized here in BC however I was told I need to have it drafted in Jamaica.
Would you be able to take a look at it and advise me how to proceed. Advise of fees required etc.
Shana K

RESPONSE: Dear Shana K,
You definitely can get it drafted there, but it must be sealed there before you send it to be stamped and registered in Jamaica.
We’ll get someone to review it for free. However a fee will be required if a member of our network ends up doing it for you.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more


  • Jamaica Legal Wiz

    A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here

    View all posts