The Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC), an agency of the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport is pleased to announce the results from the Grand Final of the Jamaica Gospel Song Competition, held on Sunday, July 31 at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre:
• Winner: Marsha Jarrett “Send Up the Praise”
• 2nd place: Filicia Morrison-Williams – “Can You Reach Me”
• 3rd Place: Sherlon Russell – “Jesus Lives in Me”
• Best Performance: Marsha Jarrett
• Best Musicianship: Marsha Jarrett
• Best Lyrics: Vitalyte “Banking in Jesus”
• Best Arrangement: Marsha Jarrett
• Online Voter’s Prize: Marsha Jarrett
• Spirit of Praise Award “Filicia Morrison-Williams
ABOUT THE WINNER:
Marsha A. Jarrett is a resident of the beautiful garden parish of St Ann. She started singing at an early age and after consistently rejecting the gift the Lord gave her, she finally embraced the call of God in her life to minister through music. She attends the United Life Line Deliverance Church of God in St’ Ann’s Bay, where she currently serves as Creative Arts Director, Deputy National Youth Director, Dance Director, Events Manager, worship leader and choir advisor.
Her guiding statement and prayer is as follows: “Be the change you want to see” and “Lord my voice is Yours to use Lord to sing and testify of who You are and what You can do”.