- 2.5 lbs fish
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalk escallion
- 2 oz butter
- cooking oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 sprig thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and black pepper.
- 5-12 Grains of Pimento
- 1 large Onions
- 1 whole scotch bonnet
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash fish with salt water or vinegar & water.
- Season fish with with garlic, salt and blackpepper.
- Cut up tomato
- Sauté sliced onions in oil (butter optional)
- Remove and place onions in a dish
- Stir fry escallion, thyme and all other vegetables in oil and .
- Add water, butter & teaspoon Vinegar
- Allow vegetables to cook.
- Add fish, pimento and onions.
- Add 1 whole scotch bonnet (do not allow to burst – must have a stem)
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked.