Peanut Punch is a popular energy drink in Jamaica. It is high in protein. It is regarded by many Jamaicans as an aphrodisiac. It is commonly sold by street vendors who may use various “secret” ingredients ( like Irish Moss) to stake their claim of having the best peanut punch. Our recipe combines most the popularity used ingredients.
- ½ lb. Shelled Roasted Peanuts or ½ lb. Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ pt. Water
- 1 can Condensed Milk (or ½ Soy Milk with sweetened with Brown Sugar)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (Optional)
- Put the Shelled Peanuts or Peanut Butter in an blender.
- Pour half the water in the blender and start to blend
- Gradually pour the rest of the water while blending the peanuts.
- Blend thoroughly until liquified
- Slowly Strain the mixture in a jug through a strainer/sieve (pour in a little at a time)
- Add Condensed Milk, Vanilla Essence, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Honey.
- Mix well. Serve cold
- Serves 4