- 4 chicken legs and thighs (or other chicken parts to equal that)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. szechuan pepper (toasted in dry skillet and ground)(optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. pimento (allspice) ground
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine oil, salt, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, thyme, szechuan & black pepper, and allspice in shallow 9″ X 13″ baking dish, and mix well.
- Place chicken pieces in marinade and turn over several times.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minute in fridge.
- Bake chicken skin side down for 20 minutes, then turn chicken pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Check to see if it’s thoroughly cooked through.
- If not, cook till done.