Jamaican Curry Chicken is rich, spicy and hearty with great flavor. Jamaican Curry Chicken is one of the favorite dishes of Jamaicans. If you are looking for the real Jamaican-style curry chicken try our easy-to-follow recipe.
- 3lbs chicken
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium onion, 5 sprigs thyme, 5 cloves crushed garlic, 2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- lemon or lime juice
- 1 small diced potato (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Clean, skin,and cut chicken in small pieces,then wash with lime or lemon juice
- Drain, season with curry, onion, thyme, garlic, all spice (pimento), black peppers, salt and let marinate for awhile. TIP: Set aside onion, thyme, garlic and all spice for a 2nd seasoning while cooking.
- In a skillet pour about 3 tablespoon of oil. Let oil heat.
- Add the chicken & seasoning
- Lightly brown the chicken & seasoning for 5-7 minutes in the skillet
- Add water and scotch bonnet pepper. Let cook for 25 minutes or until done. TIP: Add the second seasoning 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve over white rice
Photo: Deposit Photos, Xavier Murphy