Learn how to make a Jerk Chicken Wings with our simple easy to follow recipe. The Jerk style of cooking originated Jamaican the Maroons who used African techniques for cooking meat to Jamaica, which were then combined with native island seasoning and ingredients. The word “Jerk” may have its roots in “charqui,” a Spanish word for dry meat, or it may derive from “jerking,” or poking holes in the meat to hold spices before cooking. Enjoy our simple Jerk Chicken Wings recipe
- 4 lbs. chicken wing drumettes
- Jerk Sauce (make your own using our recipe or buy it)
- lemon or lime juice
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Clean, skin,and cut chicken in medium pieces,then wash the chicken wing drumettes with lime or lemon juice
- Rub the chicken wing drumettes with the Jerk seasoning.
- Be sure to rub under skin and in cavities. Then pour the rest of the Jerk Sauce in a bowl. Put the chicken wing drumettes in the bowl to marinate in the Jerk Sauce.
- Marinate overnight.
- Grill at lowest possible setting over a low fire until done. If you are using an oven preheat it to 450 degree and cook the chicken wing 30 minutes.
- Pimento (all spice) branches (this is what is used in Jamaica) mixed with charcoal is best. If not try to use an aromatic wood in the barbecue grill to enhance the flavor.
- Jerk Chicken is served traditionally with Jamaican hard-dough bread