In Jamaica the papayas is called “pawpaw”. Many say the Jamaican papayas, like our Blue Mountain coffee, has a unique in taste. Papayas are a good source of folate, vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium, copper, pantothenic acid and fiber. It is also low in calories and makes a refreshing drink. Here is our Jamaican Papayas Drink.
- 1 small ginger root peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium overly ripe Jamaican papaya (pawpaw), peeled and seeded
- ½ cup water or milk (add more or less depending on your thickness preference)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- The drink can be made thicker or thinner depending on how much water or milk is used.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with nutmeg sprinkled on top
- Serve with ice cubes.